As one of our drivers you will:
- Safely drive and operate a dump truck in the Gainesville metro area.
- Follow all traffic laws and adhere to all D.O.T. safety guidelines.
- Understand directions to locations as well as dumping instructions, making timely and accurate deliveries.
- Drive on city streets and on the Interstate and always do so in a safe manner.
- Evaluate road and surface conditions and use good judgement at all times.
- Drive into rock quarries and into various dirt pits.
- Navigate active construction sites, driving and backing, at times, into somewhat tight spaces.
- Make deliveries to both commercial and residential properties
- Deliver fill dirt, various grades of stone and rock, excavation debris and/or asphalt.
- Keep accurate records of time and all trip details including job codes and phase codes; materials loaded; pick up and dump details.
- Perform daily AM & PM inspections of your truck, routinely checking fluids, tires and lights.
- Report any needed maintenance or repairs to the Foreman and/or onsite Shop team.
- Be responsible for keeping your truck clean inside and outside.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards fellow drivers, Watson team members, contractors and customers.
- Be flexible and responsive to changing work assignments.
This position requires a Florida CDL class A driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Previous dump truck driving experience is preferred; however, any previous commercial driving experience will be considered.
Occasionally there are opportunities to work on weekends and overnights when projects impact major roads.
Watson is a drug free workplace and all job offers are contingent on passing a pre-employment drug screening.
We offer the following employee benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Competitive Salary